Today, I just wanted to share a milestone with you.
In May I set the goal of visiting 4000 homes in the Otumoetai/Pyes Pa ward before the election on 8 October 2016.
(The Otumoetai/Pyes Pa ward includes Matua, Pilans Point, Cherrywood, Bellevue, Otumoetai, Brookfield, Judea, Bethlehem and Pyes Pa).
On Tuesday night I visited home number 4,291.
I’m so far ahead of my target that if I carry on visiting homes at the same rate I’ll get to just short of 8000 🙂
It was important to me to do this because I wanted to learn what’s on people’s minds, what their ideas are for the city, what their concerns and worries are.
This is valuable knowledge for me, and above all it’s really fun meeting people and hearing their stories.
A few stats:
- 4291 homes visited so far
- 98.25 hours in these neighbourhoods, streets, and homes since 1 May
- 369.42 km travelled on my bicycle or my sons scooter
- 1254 people met face-to-face (I left a flyer for the remainder)
I’m working on a report to share what I’ve learnt, but in the meantime…
Want to know more?
2 ways you can help:
- Are you a member of a group? Invite me to share my story of how I brought TEDxTauranga to Tauranga. Find out more
- Contribute financially to my campaign. What I would spend it on and how to donate